Patio stone - quality stone masonry by Hessel Stone
We can match your design and color objectives with a variety patio stone types. Click on the thumbnail images below to learn more about the products we offer, and photos of our unparalleled craftsmanship.
Things to look for when choosing a patio stone.
Thickness - Are you choosing the right thickness for the job?
- You do not want to get ½ inch to 1 inch thick material for outside use unless absolutely necessary. We recommend 1 ½ inch for most projects. 2 inch thick material is good for dry set applications.
Is the thickness consistent with what you ordered?
- If you order 1 ½ inch thick stone, you should not be getting 1 inch pieces of stone. Standards call for no more than a ¼ inch variance each way.
Is the stone splitting?
- Bluestone is a layered stone. However those layers should not be splitting apart. During winter months water will get into those splits, freeze and expand, causing the stone to break.
Is the stone cut square?
- Stone not cut properly can cause problems when installing.
Is the stone warped?
- If the stone is warped it will cause the surface to be uneven. Kicking a warped stone on the pool deck hurts!
This is just a sampling of some of the many things to look for when choosing where to buy your stone. Rest assured that Hessel Stone only uses the finest products, and in combination with our decades of experience, we create lasting spaces to enjoy with friends and family for years to come!
Click on the thumbnail images below to learn more about the products we offer, and photos of our unparalleled craftsmanship.
|Pennsylvania Bluestone||Indiana Limestone||Tennessee Flagstone||Blue Ice|
|Buff||Rustic Plains||Autumn Brown||Kodiak|
|Castleton Black||Ohio Sandstone||Cleveland Sandstone||Hampton Limestone|